Refer a Child
Carolina Sunshine For Children will grant wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses, subject to approval by the Carolina Sunshine For Children Board of Directors, confirmation of the current life-threatening status of the medical diagnosis by the Attending Physician based on the medical criteria established by Carolina Sunshine For Children and meeting the following requirements:
- The Child must be ages 3 through 18 years of age
- The Child must be a resident of South Carolina. A Child being treated outside of the state is not disqualified.
- The Child must not have been a recipient of a wish from Carolina Sunshine or any other wish organization previously.
- Only one wish will be granted per Child.
- Only members of the immediate household and family may participate in the wish. This includes brothers, sisters, moms and dads. Contact a Carolina Sunshine Board regarding Foster Families.
- The wish must be the wish of the Child.
Carolina Sunshine For Children will not grant any wish request which consists of or involves the purchase of any motorized vehicle or firearm; the definition of each is at the discretion of the Board.
The Carolina Sunshine For Children Board of Directors meets on the first Wednesday of each month. Applications should be received one week prior to the Board meeting for prompt consideration. All decisions by the Board of Directors are final.
The application may be mailed to:
Carolina Sunshine For Children, Inc.
P.O. Box 1803
Columbia, South Carolina 29202
You may also fax or mail applications to any Carolina Sunshine For Children Board Member.
Wishes must be completed within one year following their approval. After that time, a new Application must be submitted for re-approval by the Board of Directors